Special Olympics New Jersey may be all about sports, but we are also about providing a variety of ways for our athletes to get involved!
Play College Unified Sports
This opportunity to participate is for athletes 16 years of age or older and allows the chance to play sports with college students. Find out more about this option at our College Unified Sports page!
Participate in Training Events
- Training events are a great way for athletes to learn a new sport, develop their skills and socialize with community members. These events are often run by local high school and college teams in select sports. Event could include clinics or scrimmages.
- All athletes must have a SONJ Medical Form on file with Special Olympics New Jersey to participate.
- Each event offered for athletes of different levels abilities. Many training events do not require any previous sports experience.
- Athlete training events change as events are scheduled. Be sure to check back for future opportunities.
- Visit the Athlete Training page to view and register for upcoming clinics.
Work Out At The Fitness Center
For anyone who just wants to get in a good workout, you can always come join us in the Fitness Center! Any athlete with a SONJ Medical Form on file is welcome to participate. Check out the Sports Complex calendar to see when the Fitness Center is open.
Benefit from Community Partnerships
Participating YMCA's will waive the "joiner's fee" and offer a "Special Olympics Membership Rate" providing 50% off the regular membership rate to the YMCA for Special Olympics New Jersey athletes. Find out more information and find a YMCA near you on our YMCA Partnership page!
Attend Speaking Engagements and Seminars
We are always looking at ways to enrich the lives of our athletes and love to share information that can benefit not only them, but their friends and family members, as well! Check back regularly to see what we will be offering.