‘Tis the season to volunteer! We are a year-round organization offering opportunities around-the-clock for volunteers. Want to get involved? Here’s how.
Volunteer Registration Procedure:
All volunteers must register and be authorized by Special Olympics New Jersey. This policy is intended to ensure the safety and well-being of Special Olympics athletes and volunteers at every level of the organization.
Special Olympics New Jersey runs competitions seasonally (fall, winter, spring and summer). Each season, an online volunteer registration will be available and can be accessed through the Special Olympics New Jersey website listing the dates, times, locations and positions available for that season. Individuals can then register and sign up for competitions based on their interest and schedule. Please understand that positions are on a first come, first served basis.
Steps to becoming a volunteer at Chapter-Level Competitions:
Step 1: Read the Code of Conduct
As a Special Olympics New Jersey volunteer, I agree that while serving at training sessions, meets or any other Special Olympics events, I will:
1. Provide for the general welfare, health and safety of any Special Olympics New Jersey athletes in my charge during the course of my assigned duties.
2. Dress and act at all times in a manner which will be appropriate to my assigned responsibilities and a credit to myself, the athletes and Special Olympics New Jersey.
3. Report any emergencies to the appropriate authorities after first taking immediate action to ensure the health and safety of the participants.
4. Refrain from the consumption of alcoholic beverages and non-prescribed controlled substances during the course of my assigned duties.
5. Not engage in any type of inappropriate behavior, sexual activity, or physical abuse with either Special Olympics New Jersey athletes or other volunteers.
6. Not engage in inappropriate contact or relationships with Special Olympics New Jersey athletes or other volunteers.
Step 2: View the Volunteer Events Calendar
Scroll through our volunteer calendar to see the available opportunities to volunteer. You may also contact the Volunteer Manager at # for more information on positions and availability. You can also follow us on Facebook for the latest volunteer information!
Step 3: Register to Volunteer
Complete the form on the Volunteer Registration page and sign up for the competition(s) which you are committing to. Once you complete the registration, you will receive an email with your final itinerary.
Approximately 2 weeks prior to the competition, a confirmation email will be sent with information regarding directions, check-in location, and any other information needed for the day.
If you have any questions, please contact the Volunteer Manager at #.
We thank you for your interest in being a volunteer for Special Olympics New Jersey.