Through the power and joy of sports, Special Olympics New Jersey transforms lives. Since 1968, Special Olympics has been offering people with intellectual disabilities year-round training and competition in Olympic-style sports. Just this year alone over 260 athletic comeptitions will be held, impacting more than 25,000 athletes.
Special Olympics New Jersey does not charge participants any fees. All of our offerings are completely free-of-charge with no membership or registration fees. To make this possible, each year we actively raise funds through individuals, grants, foundations, corporate sponsorships and civic organizations. It is only through the generosity of people just like you that we are able to continue to provide these high quality programs. With your help, we will continue to create a community of acceptance and inclusion.
Donate and help us give the power of sport to one more person. We are committed to working with you. We will work towards creating the most meaningful, personalized giving scenario you desire.
Featured Ways to Give
TD Bank Campaign
Either on or off the field, we all play a position in helping others reach their potential. This summer we are Celebrating Champions who are changing the game by defying norms and promoting inclusion. From now through June 23, stop in at your local TD Bank and donate $5 to get your Celebrating Champions bracelet so that everyone has the chance to play and become a champion!
Make a Secure Online Donation
- Donate Now - Donate today and make an immediate impact.
- Become a Monthly Donor - One of the most effective and convenient ways to support Special Olympics New Jersey is through our Monthly Giving Program. Your commitment to make a small monthly contribution of $5, $10 or an amount of your choosing, ensures that we have a steady, dependable source of income to provide sports training and competition.
Employer Matching Gifts
A matched gift is a great way to double or triple your personal donation. Many companies match charitable contributions made by their employees, retired employees or spouses. Ask your employer if they offer a matching gift program.
Mail a Donation to Special Olympics New Jersey
If you would like to send us a donation in the mail as a personal contribution or tribute/memorial gift, you may send your check to the following address:
Special Olympics New Jersey
1 Eunice Kennedy Shriver Way
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
Other Ways to Support Special Olympics New Jersey
The Athlete Legacy Fund
- Established to create long-term security for program-related activities, generating annual funding for the sustenance of existing programs, as well as the creation of new and innovative opportunities for generations to come.
- The Athlete Legacy Recognition Wall at the Special Olympics New Jersey Sports Complex honors those individuals, foundations and corporations who choose to contribute today to support the athletes of tomorrow.
- Donors are recognized with a plaque on the wall commensurate with the level of support:
- Founder's Legacy Gift - $1,000,000
- Ambassador's Legacy Gift - $500,000
- Platinum Legacy Gift - $250,000
- Gold Legacy Gift - $100,000
- Silver Legacy Gift - $50,000
- Bronze Legacy Gift - $5,000 - $25,000
A planned gift to Special Olympics New Jersey may take a variety of formats. For instance, depending upon the arrangements, you may generate annual income and receive a tax benefit while at the same time you are supporting the athletes of Special Olympics New Jersey.
If a planned gift is an option you are considering, we encourage you to consult your tax or legal advisor to determine the best financial plan which meets your giving objectives.
Many of our supporters have chosen to make their charitable gifts by naming Special Olympics New Jersey as a beneficiary of their estate plans.