Young Athletes™ Coaching
What does every child want? The chance to kick a ball, throw it well, to share that success with friends and family. What does every child with intellectual disabilities want? The exact same thing.
Congratulations on your decision to become a Special Olympics New Jersey Young Athletes coach!
Coaching Young Athletes is an exciting adventure. Your dedication to coaching will touch the lives of young athletes, parents and caregivers, volunteers and Unified partners in many ways. Through Young Athletes, you will help build a more inclusive community through sports and play and provide an environment where everyone can celebrate their gifts and talents.
Young Athletes Coach Certification Requirements:
1. Class A Volunteer Form | To request a Volunteer Class A Form via Docusign, please provide name and email address to VOLUNTEER@sonj.org
2. Protective Behaviors Quiz | http://resources.specialolympics.org/protective_behaviors_training.aspx
3. Concussion Training | Concussion Assessment Certification- Follow instructions on page.
4. Young Athletes Coach Video | Watch Video Below
5. Complete the Young Athletes Coach Assessment | https://www.tfaforms.com/457065
Coaching ResourcesLearn. Practice. Play. Unified. Guide to Inclusive Gross Motor Education and Play. The new guide for educators that helps bring structured and unstructured play to life. This resource can be used within any preschool curriculum.
See below for download options:
Other Resources from Special Olympics International (including training videos).