Learn more about schools offering College Unified, how to register, and how to start a program at a school near you!
Each college participates in soccer in the fall and basketball in the winter/spring. Registration for the fall typically opens in August and registration for the winter/spring typically opens in December.
- Drew University; Madison – currently inactive 9/22
- Georgian Court University; Lakewood
- Kean University; Union
- Mercer County Community College; West Windsor Township – currently inactive 9/22
- Montclair State University; Montclair
- Princeton University; Princeton – currently inactive 9/22
- Rider University; Lawrenceville
- Rowan College at South Jersey (RCSJ)*; Sewell
- Rowan University; Glassboro
- Rutgers University; New Brunswick
- Stockton University; Galloway Township
- The College of New Jersey (TCNJ)*; Ewing
*Athletes interested in the College Unified programs at RCSJ or TCNJ must be enrolled in the ACT or CCS program in order to participate.
Start a Program
Don’t see your college in the list but want to get a College Unified program started? Contact Jess Stevenson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registered Special Olympics New Jersey athletes with a valid Participation Packet on file are encouraged to participate! Athletes should be between the ages of 16 and 30, and should be comfortable playing independently in a competitive team sports setting and have a basic understanding of the rules of the sport. Athletes can participate in more than one College Unified program if the programs’ schedules do not conflict.
Unified Partner Registration
Any current college student, regardless of prior sports experience, can become a Unified partner at their college or university. In order to play, all Unified partners must register with Special Olympics New Jersey and meet the eligibility requirements established by the participating college or university, including completing Class A Volunteer Form as well as completing the Protective Behaviors Course.
For more information on College Unified or how to get involved, contact Jess Stevenson at email@example.com.