“No coach ever stops learning. That’s what makes coaches great. They strive to learn more everyday and never stop asking questions.”
Tom Crean, Indiana Hoosiers basketball coach
All coaches can participate in Special Olympics New Jersey’s Coach Education System. The Coach Education System has two components: Certification and Continuing Education.
Certification – Achieve various levels of certification. It is important to note the below characteristics of certification.
- Optional: encouraged but not required (with the exception of Young Athletes coaches)
- Accredited: National Committee for Accreditation of Coaching Education (NCACE) accredits Special Olympics North America’s state chapter Coach Education Systems
- Free: SONJ absorbs course-associated costs
- Multi-platform: clinics, webinars, self-guided videos, online courses and in-person courses
- Multi-level courses: bronze, silver and gold levels
- Incentivized: apparel, products and certification credentials
Continuing Education – Maintain your active certification status through continuing education.