All coaches can participate in Special Olympics New Jersey’s Coach Education System. The Coach Education System has two components: Certification and Continuing Education.
- Certification – Achieve various levels of certification. It is important to note the below characteristics of certification.
- Optional: encouraged but not required (with the exception of Young Athletes coaches)
- Accredited: National Committee for Accreditation of Coaching Education (NCACE) accredits Special Olympics North America’s state chapter Coach Education Systems
- Free: SONJ absorbs course-associated costs
- Multi-platform: clinics, webinars, self-guided videos, online courses and in-person courses
- Multi-level: bronze, silver and gold levels
- Incentivized: apparel, products and certification credentials
2. Continuing Education – Maintain your active certification status through continuing education.