After your child is a registered Special Olympics New Jersey young athlete, you:
- Will receive a free copy of the Family/Caregiver Activity Guide (See Parent Resources for downloadable version)
- Can request a free kit of equipment to play with at home
- The kit includes items such as scarves, bean bags, and hoops that coincide with activities included in the guide
- Be sure to join the Special Olympics New Jersey Young Athletes Facebook group and post a video of you and your child playing with the kit!
- Can request to be contacted by a mentor family to learn more about what Young Athletes offers
- Can enroll your child in a community program and attend additional events
Is your child 6 years old or older? Then it’s time to start thinking about how your child can participate after Young Athletes.
For more information about Young Athletes, contact Andrea Moore at email@example.com.