When children play together, they learn and live together!
Preschools and physical education classrooms throughout the state use Young Athletes to promote social inclusion and improve gross motor, social and cognitive skills.
- Children learn how to play with others and develop important skills for learning.
- Young Athletes provides a fun way for children to stay active and get fit.
- Young Athletes is developmentally appropriate and supports the New Jersey Teaching and Learning Standards for Preschool and the Head Start Learning Domains.
- Young Athletes is the start of a continuum of inclusive physical education and social opportunities in schools.
By teachers, for teachers! We are working on building a library of materials that teachers in the community can utilize to implement Young Athletes in the classroom.
- Use of the Young Athletes kit in the classroom – Contributed by Ms. Cathy at The Edison Early Learning Center in Edison, NJ
For information on Young Athletes in your school, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.