Let’s play together! Community programs offer an opportunity for parents, siblings, friends and young athletes to come together in a guided play experience led by a Young Athletes coach and volunteers.
- Give families the opportunity to connect with other families in the community
- Provide experiences that will lead to an appreciation of fitness and sport
- Offer an inclusive program that promotes social development
- Enable families to learn about the potential of their child through sport
Register for a Community Program
Once a child is registered as a young athlete, he/she may enroll in a community program where participants will have access to:
- Weekly sessions
- Trained Young Athletes coaches
- Fun! Fun! Fun!
Community program registration is seasonal, with the most community programs offered in the fall and spring. Click the button below for the current community program enrollment.
Community Program Locations
Interested in a community program? See if there’s one near you!
Can’t find a Young Athlete Community program in your area? You can start one! Contact Andrea Moore, Young Athletes Director, at email@example.com to get started.
Volunteer for a Community Program
For those interested in playing and learning alongside our young athletes, we have numerous volunteer opportunities. Come along and play! Volunteers must be at least 14 years old to volunteer for a Young Athletes community program.
Connect with Us!
Follow Special Olympics New Jersey Young Athletes for information on community programs, webinars, special events, and stories about our Young Athletes community.