Special Olympics New Jersey (SONJ) is proud to announce the addition of a South Jersey satellite location on the campus of Rowan College of South Jersey (RCSJ). SONJ and RCSJ have formalized a partnership to provide inclusive Unified sports training and competition, health and wellness screenings, and continue to support the advancement of awareness and outreach for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities across South Jersey.
RCSJ is a public, comprehensive, two-year institution of high learning accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. The College seeks to assist individuals in the development of a career, while at the same time cultivating values and personal growth.
This satellite location provides the opportunity to offer programming and benefits for the residents of South Jersey in many of the following areas:
- Area and Local Events – training and competitions to be held on campus
- Camp Shriver
- Coach Training and Education
- Healthy Athletes discipline events and screenings
- MedFest – Medical screenings to help complete the medical portion of the Athlete Registration and Medical Forms that are required for all athletes before they step onto the playing field for training and competition.
- Unified Sports – athletic fields and indoor facilities to facilitate will be used to support the growth of the Unified Sports club at RCSJ campuses
- Young Athletes Community Programs
Stephen M. Sweeney Center for Special Services
Rowan College of South Jersey (RCSJ)
540 Salina Rd
Sewell, NJ 08080