Softball is a bat and ball sport played between two teams of 10 to 15 players. Every team aims to score as many runs as possible against the opponent by striking the ball with a specific bat. Softball is a summer sport where athletes train and compete from March through June. Read below for further information on the upcoming 2022 season.
June 10, 2022 – June 12, 2022
2022 Summer Games
The College of New Jersey
2000 Pennington Rd
Ewing Township, New Jersey 08618
Additional Softball Information
Regular physical activity is vital for good physical, social and emotional health. While there is a risk of injury with any type of physical activity, the benefits of staying active far outweigh the risks.
You can reduce your risk of exercise injury by:
- wearing the right shoes
- using the correct equipment
- drinking water and staying hydrated
- warming up and stretching properly
- being aware of your surroundings – always exercise and compete in a safe and level area clear of any obstacles or items
- maintaining social distancing rules when necessary (stay at least six feet away from others)
Stop exercising and seek medical help if you experience symptoms such as:
- discomfort or pain
- chest pain or other pain that could indicate a heart attack, including pain in the neck and jaw, pain traveling down the arm, or pain between the shoulder blades
- shortness of breath
- a rapid or irregular heartbeat
Teams are required to compete in league play to advance to sectional competition. Individual athletes may only miss two league games in order to be eligible to advance to Summer Games.
• Teams must be properly uniformed with numbered shirts, softball pants or shorts, athletic socks, and rubber cleats or sneakers. Batting helmets are required.
• Lunch will not be served at league dates. Teams may choose to bring their own snack and beverages. Lunch will be served on a 4:1 athlete to coach ratio at Summer Games.