Softball is a bat and ball sport played between two teams of 10 to 15 players. Every team aims to score as many runs as possible against the opponent by striking the ball with a specific bat. Softball is a summer sport where athletes train and compete from March through June.
- Traditional team competition
- Unified team competition
2021 League Competition
Softball competition for Summer 2021 consists of the following:
- Week 1 (Saturday, May 1st): Individual Skills Evaluation
- Week 2 (Saturday, May 8th): Game Competition
- Week 3 (Saturday, May 15th): Game Competition
- Week 4 (Saturday, May 22nd): Game Competition
2021 State Competition
- Summer Sports Finals
- Date: June 12-13
- Location: Armstrong Memorial Park, Ewing
Criteria for Advancement
Teams are required to compete in league play to advance to sectional competition.
- No more than fifty (50) total individuals at a venue at one time.
- This includes athletes, partners, coaches, volunteers, and spectators.
- Teams must be properly uniformed with numbered shirts, softball pants or shorts, and rubber cleats or sneakers.
- Masks MUST be worn at all times by all athletes, coaches, and spectators.
- Batting helmets are required.
- Refer to the “Softball Guidelines” at the top of the page for more information.
2019 Summer Games Results
Use the button below to download results from the 2019 Summer Games held June 7-9, 2019 at The College of New Jersey.