The Special Olympics New Jersey Press Room is your hub for news, informational downloads and other resources for news organizations. We love working with the media to spread the word about the free sports training and athletic competition that we provide to children and adults with intellectual disabilities. Our experts can also provide insight on a wide variety of stories, topics and issues pertaining to our cause.
For media inquiries, logo usage and questions about Special Olympics New Jersey (SONJ), please contact:
Director of Marketing and Communications
Phone: (609) 896-8000
We’re so glad you’re interested in getting to know Special Olympics New Jersey! The following pages on our website will help us get properly acquainted.
- Get to know our mission and vision and the history of SONJ.
- See our impact on the New Jersey community.
- Learn the 24 Olympic-style individual and team sports that we play, train and compete in.
- Meet our leadership, including staff, board and our Athlete Congress.
- Review how we use funds and resources in our annual reports and audited financial documents.
For more information on Special Olympics New Jersey, we invite you to view, download and keep the following resources as references:
- Backgrounder — Download a two-page PDF overview of our mission, vision, history and programs to get a base-layer understanding of what we do.
- 2019 Reach Report — See the numbers on all those we reached in 2019, including data on our athletes, communities, volunteers and revenue.
- Style Guide — Words matter. Use our style guide to ensure that you’re using terms and language that treat all people with individuality and dignity.
- 2020 Competition and Events Calendar — Download a PDF version of athletic competitions and fundraising events for the coming year.
High Resolution Photos
Visit the Special Olympics New Jersey Flickr page to download photos from our competition, fundraising and many other special events. You are free to use any of those photos. We just ask that you attribute them to Special Olympics New Jersey.
Press Releases and News
With more than 26,000 athletes participating in over 260 competitions and thousands of individuals taking part in special events and fundraisers year-round, Special Olympics New Jersey is bound to make news. Hop on over to the News category on our blog to explore recent and past news.
Our newsletters are chock full of videos, stories and updates about what’s been happening in the world of Special Olympics New Jersey. Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest and greatest on what we’ve been up to!
We appreciate the efforts of New Jersey’s journalists to cover the accomplishments and events of Special Olympics athletes and supporters.
New Jersey HeraldRead More
Wildwood polar plunge is anything but polar (PHOTOS)
January 11, 2020
Former Lynn Dentist Fills a Need for Special Olympics
November 17, 2019