On top of providing training and competition opportunities in 24 sports, Special Olympics New Jersey offers health, wellness, athlete leadership and Unified program initiatives to thousands of athletes across the state—all completely free of charge!
Impact of Your Support
Due to incredible corporate, community and individual contributions, as well as the help of thousands of volunteers, we are able to continually support those with intellectual disabilities through better resources and services:
- Initiating Virtual Fitness opportunities to provide a lifetime of fitness
- Creating the Total Body Challenge to keep athletes engaged and moving throughout the year
- Offering FREE medical screenings conducted throughout New Jersey, including Fit Feet, FUNFitness, Health Promotion, ImPACT Concussion, Healthy Hearing, Opening Eyes, Special Smiles and MedFest
- Creating transition sports programs for athletes from ages 6 to 13, allowing for younger athletes to bridge from skills development to competition
- Expanding Camp Shriver from the SONJ Sports Complex to a satellite location in order to reach more athletes
Special Olympics Most Trusted Brands
As per Morning Consult, Special Olympics is one of the Most Trusted Brands in their 2022 report, which is the definitive measure of brand trust across industries, showcasing the companies and products that have earned or maintained consumer trust based on research intelligence and brand intelligence.