On top of providing training and competition opportunities in 24 sports, Special Olympics New Jersey offers health, wellness, athlete leadership and Unified program initiatives to thousands of athletes across the state—all completely free of charge!
Anything But Ordinary
The 2019-2020 season was anything but ordinary. It was a year filled with smiles, tears, challenges, disappointments, and perseverance. Our strong, resilient community united through a passion for the Special Olympics mission and #GenuineJerseyPride! Take a quick glimpse at the Warriors who fought through all the adversity to make the most of the year that was:
Impact of Your Support
Due to incredible corporate, community and individual contributions, as well as the help of more than 20,000 volunteers, we are able to continually support those with intellectual disabilities through better resources and services:
- Initiating Virtual Fitness opportunities to provide a lifetime of fitness
- Creating the all new Total Body Challenge to keep athletes engaged and moving throughout the year
- Offering FREE medical screenings conducted throughout New Jersey, including Fit Feet, FUNFitness, Health Promotion, ImPACT Concussion, Healthy Hearing, Opening Eyes, Special Smiles and MedFest
- Creating transition sports programs for athletes from ages 6 to 13, allowing for younger athletes to bridge from skills development to competition
- Expanding Camp Shriver from the SONJ Sports Complex to a satellite location in order to reach more athletes
These are just a few ways we affect the lives of our athletes. Read our 2019 Annual Report (2020 Annual Report coming soon) and review our 2019 Reach Report (2020 Reach Report coming soon) below, to find the most recent statistics and information on the impact we make.