Bocce is an Italian sport where the basic principle is to roll a bocce ball closest to the target ball, which is called a palina. Special Olympics bocce provides people with special needs the opportunity to have social contact, develop physically and to gain self-confidence.
Bocce is a summer sport where athletes train and compete from March through June.
- Traditional doubles competition
- Unified double competition
- Traditional 4-person team competition
- Unified 4-person team competition
2020 Sectional Competitions
2020 State Competition
Athletes and Unified partners may participate in one event at their sectional competition and up to two events at Summer Games. Coaches may not participate as Unified partners.
Criteria for Advancement
- Athletes and Unified partners must compete in sectional competition in order to be eligible to compete in Summer Games.
- Coaches are responsible for submitting the activation list at the sectional event for those athletes who qualify to advance.
- Coaches may use additional criteria (i.e. behavior, overnight stay, medical) to evaluate the athlete for higher level competition.
- Athletes and Unified partners must be properly uniformed including matching collared shirts with dress shorts or cotton pants and sneakers. Jeans and casual shirts are not permitted.
2019 Summer Games Results
Use the button below to download results from the 2019 Summer Games held June 7-9, 2019 at The College of New Jersey.