Our coaches model good sportsmanship and character to enhance the overall sports experience for athletes. Lesson taught by you on the playing field-teamwork, self discipline, and confidence-carry over into the athlete’s everyday lives.
It is encouraged for prospective coaches to have sport experience, but education opportunities and resources are available to properly prepare individuals for their role as coaches. Please note that the nature of the coaching role typically requires a greater time commitment than other volunteer opportunities.
In addition to the basic requirements, coaches responsibilities include:
- Being available for practices, training and competition
- Registering athletes for competition
- Obtaining equipment for athletic training
- Recruiting assistant coaches for your local training program (LTP)
Minimum age: 18 years old
- Volunteer forms and waivers: must be completed every three years.
- Background check: must be completed every three years.
- Protective Behaviors training: must be completed every three years.
- Heads Up Concussion in Youth Sports training: must be completed every three years.
For more information about becoming a coach, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.