Soccer is one of the world’s most popular team sports. It’s also Special Olympics’ most popular sport due to the fact that it can be played by boys, girls, men and women of just about any physical build and ability.
Special Olympics soccer is a fall sport where athletes train and compete from August through October.
- 5v5 Traditional team
- 5v5 Unified team
- 3v3 Jr. Division Traditional team*
- 3v3 Jr. Division Unified team*
- College Unified Sports Club league
*Available for athletes ages 6-7 (exhibition games only) and ages 8-13.
Criteria for Advancement
- Teams are required to compete in league play to advance to Fall Games.
- Individual athletes may only miss two league games in order to be eligible to advance to Fall Games.
- The top three finishers at sectional competitions will advance to the Fall Games.
Teams must be properly uniformed with numbered shirts and short without pockets.