Special Olympics basketball is a favorite sport for players and spectators. Athletes begin playing basketball at all ages and abilities, from young players learning to handle the ball to older, more experienced players.
Basketball is a spring sport where athletes train and compete from December through April.
Information on registration will be made available in the coming months.
- Individual Skills Challenges
- Team Skills Challenges (athletes’ scores will be combined to form the total “team” score.)
2020 Local Competitions
- There will be no league competition for the 2021 season.
2020 Sectional Competitions
- Saturday, March 13th or Sunday, March 14th. More information will be made at the time of registration.
2020 State Competitions
- Information on the potential for any State Competitions will be made at the time of registration.
Criteria for Advancement
Teams are required to compete in league play to advance to sectional competition. Individual athletes may only miss two league games maximum in order to be eligible to advance to Spring Games. The top two finishers at each sectional competition will advance to the Spring Games.
- Teams must be properly uniformed with numbered shirts, shorts and sneakers.
- Athletes participating on a basketball team are not eligible for the individual skills competition.
- Athletes that wish to continue to participate in basketball at a sectional level and beyond may only participate in bowling at the area level.
2019 Basketball League Results
Use the buttons below to download results from the Central, East, North and South basketball leagues.
2018 Spring Games Results
Use the buttons below to download results from the 2018 Spring Games tournament held in Wildwood on March 24-25.