Special Olympics basketball is a favorite sport for players and spectators. Athletes begin playing basketball at all ages and abilities, from young players learning to handle the ball to older, more experienced players.
Basketball is a spring sport where athletes train and compete from December through April.
- 5v5 Traditional team competition
- 5v5 Unified team competition
- 3v3 Jr. Division Traditional team
- 3v3 Jr. Division Unified team
- Individual skills competition
- College Unified Sports Club league
The individual skills competition will be offered at the area level only.
Criteria for Advancement
Teams are required to compete in league play to advance to sectional competition. Individual athletes may only miss two league games maximum in order to be eligible to advance to Spring Games. The top two finishers at each sectional competition will advance to the Spring Games.
- Teams must be properly uniformed with numbered shirts, shorts and sneakers.
- Athletes participating on a basketball team are not eligible for the individual skills competition.
- Athletes that wish to continue to participate in basketball at a sectional level and beyond may only participate in bowling at the area level.
2018 Basketball League Results
Use the buttons below to download results from the Central, East, North and South basketball leagues.
2018 Spring Games Results
Use the buttons below to download results from the 2018 Spring Games tournament held in Wildwood on March 24-25.