Swimming, also known as aquatics, is one of the most popular sports in the world. Aquatics covers a great variety of swimming skills, from short sprints to longer events and relays.
Special Olympics swimming is a summer sport where athletes train and compete from January through June.
Available Events and Distances
- Backstroke – 25M, 50M, 100M
- Breaststroke – 25M, 50M, 100M
- Butterfly – 25M, 50M, 100M
- Freestyle – 25M, 50M, 100M, 200M, 400M
- Individual Medley – 100M, 200M
- Freestyle Relay – 4x25M, 4x50M
- Medley Relay – 4x25M, 4x50M
2020 Sectional Competitions
- 2020 Central Swimming Sectionals
- 2020 East Swimming Sectionals
- 2020 North Swimming Sectionals
- 2020 South Swimming Sectionals
2020 State Competition
Athletes may compete in two individual events and two relay events.
Criteria for Advancement
Individual athletes must complete in the Area competition in order to be eligible to compete in Sectional Competition.
Individual athletes will advance from the Sectional competitions to the State competition by placing first or second in their respective divisions in any one of their events at the Sectional meet.
- Coaches may use additional criteria to evaluate athletes for higher level competition.
- Athletes must provide their own swimwear, bathing cap and goggles.
2019 Summer Games Results
Use the button below to download results from the 2019 Summer Games held June 7-9 2019 at The College of New Jersey.