Our mission is to provide year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community.
Special Olympics New Jersey will foster inclusive communities for people with and without intellectual disabilities through innovative sport, health, wellness and leadership opportunities for Special Olympics athletes, their families and society as a whole.
Our Core Values
Our mission and vision are supported by the core values that shape every decision we make. By sticking to these values, we are guaranteeing the continued success of Special Olympics New Jersey.
- Innovation – To promote an organizational culture that seeks new ideas and advances the mission of Special Olympics
- Excellence – The standard measure for superior execution and outcome of every dimension of activity and service conducted by Special Olympics New Jersey
- Integrity – To execute the mission of Special Olympics with a commitment to transparency, honesty and the highest ethical conduct
- Respect – A commitment to the value of each and every individual and an acknowledgment of their unique talents and achievements
- Inclusion – To connect people of all abilities by creating opportunities with a purpose of building lasting friendships, rooted in mutual respect and acceptance