(If either box is checked, an EMERGENCY MEDICAL CARE REFUSAL form will be sent and MUST be completed)
4. Health Programs. If the Young Athlete takes part in a Special Olympics health program, I consent to health activities, exams and treatment for the Young Athlete. This should not replace regular health care. I can say no to treatment or anything else at any time for the Young Athlete.
5. Personal Information. I understand personal information may be used and shared by Special Olympics to:
- Make sure Young Athletes can participate safely;
- Run training and events and share results;
- Put the Young Athletes information in a computer system;
- Provide health treatment, make referrals, consult doctors, and remind me about follow-up services;
- Research, share and respond to needs of the Special Olympics participants (identifying information removed if shared publicly); and
- Protect health and safety, respond to government requests, and report information required by law.
- I can ask to see and change the Young Athlete’s information. I can ask to limit how the information is used.
6. Concussions. I understand there is a risk of concussions and continuing to play sports with a concussion. The Young Athlete may have to get medical care if a concussion is suspected. The Young Athlete may also have to wait 7 days or more and get permission from a doctor before he/she starts playing sports again.
I am the parent/guardian of the participant named on this registration form. I have read and fully understand the provisions of the above release. Through my signature on this release form, I am agreeing to the above provisions on my own behalf and on the behalf of the participant named above to participate in Special Olympics games, recreation programs and physical activity programs.