Want to work at the home of Genuine Jersey Pride? We are growing and so are the opportunities for careers with Special Olympics New Jersey! Check this page to find a list of available full or part-time positions and internships.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
REPORT TO: Sr. Director of Operations
- Adhere to and enforce all Fitness Center Rules & Guidelines of Sports Complex.
- Will ensure that all participants utilizing the fitness center adhere to the rules and guidelines.
- Performs athletes’ fitness assessments to measure current fitness level and devises fitness plan to meet reasonable fitness goal.
- Will proactively interact and engage with Special Olympics New Jersey athletes.
- Schedules specific appointment times to work with athletes to help meet fitness goals.
- Demonstrates proper techniques and proper use of fitness center equipment.
- Observes/supervises athletes during their work-out session and provides corrective measures and motivation to assist the athlete in meeting their fitness goals.
- Will work directly with the Sr Director of Operations, offering ideas for and/or developing new program offerings to attract and retain new athletes to the fitness center.
• Follows predetermined opening and closing duties of fitness center.
- Accurately completes weekly timesheet and submits as protocol.
- May be asked to lock up and secure Sports Complex.
- Other duties as assigned.
- First-aid and CPR certification required.
- Certified personal trainer designation preferred.
- Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred.
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Send cover letter and resume to Brian Wertz at firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Olympics New Jersey is looking for passionate individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of athletes by providing support for competition, fundraising, and other opportunities. To see current opportunities and register to volunteer visit www.sonj.org/volunteer.
To apply as a volunteer committee member, please email your interest to email@example.com. No phone calls please.