Organizing, planning and running a Young Athletes community program requires quite a bit of effort. While every coach and each program is different, Special Olympics New Jersey still strives to maintain a standard of quality throughout all programming.
The following resources include forms, recorded webinars, documents and links to articles or websites that will help you organize and manage your program effectively.
- Checking Your Google Account
- New Program Crash Course (coming soon)
- Request a Mentor Coach (form)
- Request a Site Visit from Coach Greg (form)
- Visit Another Program (form)
- Equipment Request (form)
Maintaining the Chaos
- Practice Plan 1
- Practice Plan 2
- Creating A Positive Environment
- Visual Schedules (coming soon)
- YA Coach Training Video:
Consistency in Communication
- Newsletter Template 1
- Newsletter Template 2
The Newsletter templates are created in Word so that you can edit them more easily. Feel free to change them up as you see fit.
- Young Athletes Snapshot Form
Each YA program has a personalized Young Athlete Snapshot Form that you can send to families to learn a little but more about them before they come to your session. Your personalized link to the form can be found in your program’s gmail or you can email YAPinfo@sonj.org to request the link. The responses will go directly to your program’s gmail account.
- Parent Handbook (coming soon)
We Love Volunteers